5 things we love about ‘Muppets Most Wanted’
The new Disney flick ‘Muppets Most Wanted’ hits cinema screens this week. Here are five reasons you’ve gotta see it…
01. The film harks back to the old-style TV show where even the show’s theme song gets a couple of rotations; and who didn’t love that show’s intro?
02. Tina Fey can actually sing! Sure, there’s one scene in which she loses key on purpose, but for her big ‘prison’ number, the ‘30 Rock’ star truly rocks.
03. There’s a heap of cameos who don’t go too far in stealing the show. Thank you Salma Hayek, Stanley Tucci, Lady Gaga (blink or you’ll miss her), Usher, Tom Hiddleston, Ray Liotta, Christoph Waltz, even – good gosh – Josh Groban and Celine Dion.
04. Ricky Gervais is not as annoying as he can be in movies. It’s all good and well when he plays an arrogant character on the telly – you can simply switch channels. Alas, in ‘Muppets Most Wanted’ he’s actually quite charming to watch.
05. The merchandising is looking awesome including cool t-shirts available at online store Threadless.com (ranging from $9.95 for kids tees to $25 for tees emblazoned with icons like Animal and Beaker) to Kermit onesies going for a song online.
‘Muppets Most Wanted’ is in cinemas April 10.